If the recent actions of the House of Representatives are a clue, the Republican Party has not learned a single thing from the 2012 election.
There is a giant meteor heading straight for Earth, only this time there is no deep oil drill team led by Bruce Willis that can stop it. At least that is what you would think is happening judging from the reaction of the conservative right to the news of President Obama’s re-election.
No surprise here, but I love discussing politics. This election season has led to some of the most interesting, and at times insane, debates I’ve ever partaken in.
Thanks to the craziness of the modern-day GOP, this is a year that has seen candidates share a Republican primary debate stage who:
- Have claimed Disney’s The Lion King is gay propaganda
- Proudly displayed their lack of knowledge on foreign leaders
- Referred to one of our nation’s allies as “Islamic terrorists”
- Do not believe in evolution
- Warned us of the “dangers of contraception”
- Claimed Satan is attacking America
- Wondered why airplane windows don’t open
You cannot make this shit up.