The CNN/Telemundo debate was an all-out wrestling event that at times saw moderator Wolf Blitzer lose complete control of the situation. Last week’s Michigan debate saw frontrunner Donald Trump take it from a cage match to a literal dick measuring contest.
Former GOP presidential hopeful and Libya strategist Herman Cain has come to the realization that the Republican Party may have an issue with race. It wasn’t the series of voting restrictions targeting minorities or the recent tweet from the RNC that declared racism over that bothered Cain, it was the omission of his name on a flier for potential 2016 presidential candidates.
Texas Senator Ted Cruz recently made headlines this week when he sparred with fellow Senator Dianne Fienstein over her assault weapons ban legislation.
Cruz questioned the constitutionality of the bill, completely unaware of the court cases that have established such a ban as clearly within the safety parameters of the Constitution.
No surprise here, but I love discussing politics. This election season has led to some of the most interesting, and at times insane, debates I’ve ever partaken in.
Thanks to the craziness of the modern-day GOP, this is a year that has seen candidates share a Republican primary debate stage who:
- Have claimed Disney’s The Lion King is gay propaganda
- Proudly displayed their lack of knowledge on foreign leaders
- Referred to one of our nation’s allies as “Islamic terrorists”
- Do not believe in evolution
- Warned us of the “dangers of contraception”
- Claimed Satan is attacking America
- Wondered why airplane windows don’t open
You cannot make this shit up.