“While our people and economy are pushing the boundaries of the 21st century, too many of our leaders and their ideas are stuck in the 20th century,” Florida Senator Marco Rubio told supporters during his presidential campaign announcement earlier this month. Rubio might as well consider himself among those leaders trapped in time.
No surprise here, but I love discussing politics. This election season has led to some of the most interesting, and at times insane, debates I’ve ever partaken in.
Thanks to the craziness of the modern-day GOP, this is a year that has seen candidates share a Republican primary debate stage who:
- Have claimed Disney’s The Lion King is gay propaganda
- Proudly displayed their lack of knowledge on foreign leaders
- Referred to one of our nation’s allies as “Islamic terrorists”
- Do not believe in evolution
- Warned us of the “dangers of contraception”
- Claimed Satan is attacking America
- Wondered why airplane windows don’t open
You cannot make this shit up.